2.19.2011

Voila! Shelby's Birthday Surprise


I half-heartedly did Shelby's bedroom last year.  I thought the bedding was cute, but I just never loved the room.  I think it was something about the grey blue walls and the bright pink that never quite looked right.
 So I had the great idea to give Shelby a refresh for her birthday this year.  We sold the old daybed (it used to be mine! that's how old it was!).  We bought her the bed, desk and mirror from a dear friend (who gave us a great deal, thanks Linda!).  The rest of the stuff I collected for a month and stashed behind the couch in my bedroom.  I transformed her room while she was at school (with the help of my mom and my sister!) and kept her locked out until the next morning for a birthday surprise.  She loved it!

It's not so apparent from this angle, but it's a vintage French theme.  I know that the Paris Apartment style is all over the place and super trendy.  But I tried to mix it up with some fun patterns and colors to make it not so predictable.  And really... will Paris ever go out of style??

I couldn't believe how much Paris themed stuff is out there.  

Found the perfect little side table at Marshalls for $25!    

I took that picture of the Eiffel Tower when we were there about 10 years ago!!


That canvas is what started it all!



It was fun to pull out my box of stuff that we brought back from France.   I saved all my ticket stubs, shopping bags, everything I could fit in my suitcase.  This little trinket was perfect for Shelby's room!



Happy Birthday Shelby!  Enjoy your new grown up almost a teenager room!

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky girl! It turned out fabulous!! Love the curtains..did they happen to have them in any other colors than brown and that went at least 96"? Just checking :)

    ReplyDelete