12.20.2010

I love Christmas!!

Even though I started my Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving, it has taken me this long to post my pictures.   I guess I was waiting for the house to be perfectly clean and for some reason that just hasn't happened!  So here it is... a Keeler Christmas where apparently the theme is "more is more" because there is a whole lot of Christmas goin' on around here!

It was so fun doing my mantel this year, because a few months ago my handsome and talented husband added some fun molding to the top of the fireplace.  I think it made it quite grand!

 

So, of course, I had to buy new stockings to go with it!  I bought tons of yardage of vintage lace from the barn sale that I have used all over.  Lace and bells were definitely a theme this year!Birds are always a focal point at Christmas in our house or any time of the year!  


My cute feather tree that I bought at Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic store on super sale before it went out of business.   There's nothing better than a high end store with a liquidation sale!

 The bells were another score from there!



 It's okay to put a nativity under a cloche isn't it?  

  I bought the new console table at Marshalls for $60!!  It really "glams up" the dining room, don't you think?





I bought the vintage garland at the barn sale and draped it over my chandelier.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It is just the perfect creamy white shade, with a really subtle sparkle.  It's my favorite find this year!


The branch that hangs over my kitchen table got dressed up for Christmas too.  Birds and nests, what else?  Well, snowballs and icicles too.



The felt garland was a gift from my sister Stacy last year.  It was a labor of love.   She planned on making a bunch of them but they were so time consuming she only made one...and there it is.  I love it!!!

 

My girls did a lot of the decorating this year, including this bakers rack in my kitchen.  Here's a little tip for you:  take a picture of the area and put it in the box with all the decorations from that space.  I handed them the box and the picture and they were able to recreate it for me.  


I used to decorate a lot upstairs when my loft was mostly red and white.  We redecorated the loft this year and it just didn't look quite as Christmas-friendly.  I had to add a new tree that would flow with our new look.  

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!   
Love, the Refresh your Nest girls
Bobette and Kristi

1 comment:

  1. Ok girls! Way too cute! Love it all!! I so need you and your amazing skills right about now! Miss you guys like crazy and wish I wasn't so far away! Hope you both have a fabulous Christmas and New Year!!! Tell everyone hello!

    ReplyDelete