10.22.2011

Happy Halloween!

Even though it's still 90 degrees here in Southern California, we are embracing the fall season.  I think Halloween is my second favorite decorating holiday.  My kids love it too.  It's always hard to feel motivated to get those boxes down, but your kids are begging you to do it.  So you do it for them.  Once I get started though, it's a little hard to stop.    You'll see what I mean.

The Kitchen Branch came back out after a stint of hanging in the garage. 
 It's the perfect place for our owl to perch.


Isn't he cute?

A skull tree on the lazy susan, what else?




After making the mantle look spooky, I couldn't decide  if I should use the banner that tells you it's spooky.   It actually makes the mantle look less spooky.  But I did it anyway!



I just had the kids have a go with the spider webs.  I am really not good at using that stuff!


We've been on the Tower of Terror ride at California Adventure quite a few times recently, so we were chanelling the creepy old hotel look in our dining room.  
Of course, we love our favorite doll head with the candle in it to make the eyes glow.

We went to an antique store to find old portraits.  We picked out the most evil looking ones.  I apologize if these are your relatives.




I think I bought out the last fake black crows in Temecula.  I searched high and low to find them.  




More creepy relatives.


This was Lindsay's idea.  She spent a long time perfecting the cobwebs.  If you come over, don't touch them.  She will get mad at you!

Thanks for taking a look!  Have a great Halloween!

1 comment: